Thursday, January 19, 2012

Show and Tell

 Hello Friends and welcome to my new followers.

 I have just a few finishes to show. I feel like I have been stitching up a storm but I let everything pile up and then I need to take a break from stitching to finish everything. It's a never ending battle, I tell ya! Anyway, I made up this little guy to add to my snowman collection. He finished up pretty cute and I like his carrot nose.
I also finally finished up these to bookmarks for the 2012 Bookmark Challenge. I have to get going on bookmarks for the next few months because the challenge is in May and I really have to increase my #'s to donate. I think I am around 11. Last year I had 30. So I need to get to work. So many projects so little time! I am sure I am not alone in that. Right?
 Love this! The mermaid scissor case from the Dyeing to Stitch Retreat. You are just seeing the front which is all that is finished so far. It is not a scissor case yet. I am actually going to sew a pocket on the back instead of leaving the top open. I'll show you when I finish it. Hopefully it will come out the way I am envisioning it. I have never done it before.
 I am doing a stitch-a-long with my good friend Erika and my mom. Hopefully another friend will be joining us as well. We are making the Lizzie Kate 6 Fat Men. It is so adorable! I am probably not as far as Erika but it will be done this year and will be hanging on my wall for me to admire next winter. I will keep you updated on its progress.
 I just wanted to end this post with my fabulous Birthday present I received a few weeks ago from my parents. My brother came over today to hang it for us. He is very good at that kind of stuff. If my husband and I hung it, It would probably end up crooked. Isn't it beautious! I love it! I have a few random things in it right now. I guess I have to make my stitching list even bigger and stitch a bunch of smalls to put in there. Then I guess I need smalls for every season or holiday to put in there. Oh Lord! Am I going to busy for the rest of my life!

Thanks for visiting me today! 
Happy Stitching!
~Maureen~

1 comment:

Erika said...

Hi! I have been anxiously awaiting your next post, and I wasn't disappointed! Thanks for the fabulous inspiration...your finishes are GREAT! Congratulations! I think that putting seasonal smalls into the gorgeous shelf is a terrific idea. Oh, and I am going to try to donate at least 5 bookmarks this year. You have really inspired me! Thanks!