Tuesday, May 22, 2012

This n That

Hello,

I am a little late in posting this but Madison made her First Communion on May 12 and I wanted to show you all how pretty she looked. She did a wonderful job and her dad and I are so extremely proud of her. It was at a crowded 5pm mass but she wasn't alone. One of her friends from school also made her 1st communion that day as well. We had a nice celebration with family afterwards. Thank you Erika for the very special prayer card. I am going to have it framed for Madison so she will always have it. What a special gift.

 Part of Madison's 1st communion gift was this bike. We also gave her something that relates to the sacrament because this clearly does not. However, she outgrew her other one and needed a new one. A child with out a bike. That just doesn't work for me. It's great exercise! Now I need your help. Does anyone have any tips on teaching her to ride on 2 wheels? Any tricks you used on your kids or that your parents used on you. I am open for anything. She has been working on the balance thing so far.

The weather has been nice so I have been outside cleaning up my gardens. Not too much stitching happening this past week but I did manage to finish this little house  by Lizzie Kate. There is actually a word border that went around it but I just wanted the house. I am going to make it into a pillow to give to my sister.
The last thing for today is I was playing on the sewing machine a little. i figured the more I practice on it, the better I'll get and make the sewing machine my friend. I made up these little bags, One for accessories, one for my scissors, and one for orts or anything small you don't want to loose among all your stitchy stash. These were so fun to make and are going to look great in my stitching bag.
Still have lots of ideas in my head that I hope to make into something real soon. I better before I loose them. Although it doesn't take too long these days.

Hope everyone has a great week!

Happy Stitching!

~Maureen~

4 comments:

Maggee said...

Madison looks so pretty! It's like being a bride to a little girl--she really gets to dress up for her very special day! I like your stitching accessories... you are getting good at your sewing with the machine! Hugs!

Erika said...

Oh, my goodness, thanks for the gorgeous picture of Madison! What a beautiful girl! She sent me the SWEETEST thank you card EVER!!! You are lucky to have her...and she is lucky to have you for a mom! When I was learning to ride a two-wheeler my dad took me to the high school track (no traffic!) and walked and ran beside me while I wobbled along. Yes, I then tried it without my dad and crashed and skinned my knee, but now it just seems like a ritual of childhood. At least now there are helmets! It just takes practice and courage---a good lesson for life's challenges!

diamondc said...

Congratulations to Madison, Madison is lucky to have made her First Communion on a saturday Mass, we had ours at the 10:00 a.m. Mass it was a very full church.
Love your stitching.
Your stash bags and scissor protector are wonderful.
I love the ort bag, how clever.
Catherine

Carol said...

Oh, your little girl is darling on her First Communion day, Maureen. And a brand new bike--how nice. No tips here as far as bike training goes...I left that one up to my husband. I think he just ran alongside the boys (on the grass first so if they fell they wouldn't get hurt) while holding on to their bikes and letting go now and then until they got the hang of it. Good luck :)